Caragen Limited - Website privacy Notice
1. Who we are:
Caragen Ltd is private company limited by shares having its registered office at 1st Floor, Suite 32, The Mall, Beacon Court, Sandyford, Dublin 18. Ireland. When we say “Caragen”, “us”, “our” or “we”, we are referring to this company.
Caragen is the “data controller” for the purposes of applicable data protection laws.
Our data protection representative is Andrew O’Connell who may be contacted by writing to the above address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Why we process your data, the lawful basis for processing your data and who we share it with:
Personal Data we Collect
We use Microsoft Cloud for sharing and storing data. This information is stored on physical servers maintained and controlled by Microsoft as opposed to our own on-premises servers.
In addition when you browse the website, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. The following non-personal information may be retained about that visit:
- your device type
- the search engine used to access the website
- how you came to the website
- how you interacted with the website
Most non-personal information is collected via cookies or other analysis technologies. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Our website drops a single tracking cookie called "ss_lastvisit" to allow our statistics module to determine if a website visitor is unique.
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our website. No personal information is recorded, and the cookie is automatically deleted when you log out or close your browse
3. Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area:
We transfer data relating to our web services to Microsoft located in the USA.
4. Your rights relating to personal data
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data - you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure - you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing - you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability - you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the start of this privacy notice.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
5. Requirement to process personal data
You may browse our website without providing us with any personal data and this will not affect your ability to view our website.
If you do not provide us with your information for the purposes described above, we cannot respond to your queries sent through our contact us form.
6. Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any personal data for the purpose of automated decision-making or profiling.