FlowArt - Total IV Clarity
FlowArt® is a needle-free valve that has a fully transparent clear housing with an integrated flat silicone seal and internal fluid pathway, that protects the patient and nursing staff from exposures.
Straight internal transparent fluid pathway for neutral technologies
Meeting the latest international IV recommendations
- Fully transparent and clear housing with an integrated flat silicone seal and split septum internal smooth pathway providing a microbial barrier
- Flat smooth seal for enhanced disinfection and drying
- A transparent needless connector is preferable to one that is opaque for enhanced visualization during flushing so all blood and infusates are cleared
- Allows multiple access - 600 over 7 days
- Suitable for Pressure Infusers
- Compatible with lipids, blood and oncology • Compatible with all emergency glass syringes and excellent connectivity with LS and LL syringes
- Is ISO 80369-7 standard compliant and can be used with all ISO 80369-7-compliant IV sets using luer lock connections.
All materials meet ISO 10993 requirements. All materials are DEHP-free, PVC-free and latex-free. ASSET® MEDICAL DESIGN INC is an ISO 13485:2012 registered company. Sterilization Method: ETO
"…Taking these features into consideration, a recent survey of expert clinicians found that a smooth external surface, no gap around septum seal and a clear housing were among the most important features of needleless connectors…"
Jarvis, 2013, infectioncontroltoday.com
"When needleless systems are used, a split septum valve may be preferred over some mechanical valves due to increased risk of infection with the mechanical valves."
CDC Recommendations (Guidelines for the Prevention of Intravascular Catheter-Related Infections (2011)
"Straight fluid pathways have been shown to reduce catheter occlusions and CR-BSI in the clinical setting. …opaque or colored external
housing makes it hard to see any residual blood or particulate matter … clear external housing makes such visualization possible."
Seminars in Oncology Nursing; Denise Macklin, BSN, RNC
"The ability to visualise the internal surfaces of the needleless connector helps the clinician determine if flushing of the needleless connector is complete. A transparent needleless connector is preferable to one that is opaque."